- This event has passed.
Stress management for busy women
September 11, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmR950
Take a break from your busy schedule and treat yourself to an outdoors’ day of rejuvenation, relaxation and practical stress management skill building in this picturesque setting close to Magaliesburg. Spoil yourself with a luxurious break in the beauty of nature.
This package also includes one individual coaching session of 1 hour (to be booked at a time convenient to you – online or in person) to follow through with you personally so that there is real and practical progress in your ability to manage your stress, as well as 21 days of daily support material on Whatsapp. Real change takes daily commitment and regular small changes accumulate to a changed life.
When we experience stressful circumstances, we often struggle with strong emotions like anger, pain, anxiety and fear. It feels like they are taking over our lives, and we try to avoid dealing with them for as long as possible. However, suppressing them often results in an uncontrolled pressure-cooker effect: the pot boils over or even explodes, often when it is most inconvenient. Our nervous system continues to be on high alert and we are highly strung.
There is an alternative. Regulating our nervous system so that we are more creative in our approach to life’s challenges and integrating those strong emotions into our lives opens up new possibilities. We can learn important lessons from our emotions, and harness the motivation and energy they give us, to implement real change in our circumstances or grow in our ability to deal with them. This journey can feel slightly uncomfortable at times, but the reward of reaching the destination – a more unified, integrated, cohesive personality and way of living – is well worth it.
All that is needed for some stress-free me-time will be provided on this day away: your needs will be catered for with refreshing drinks, treats and a sumptuous (but healthy!) individually-packed picnic lunch. A workbook and a goody bag is included.
Our course content for the day covers:
- exploring your stressors and the effect they have on you
- what our emotions can teach us
- how our beliefs can keep us from positive change
- our perceptions of how we use our time, recognising our beliefs about time and a look at some practical ideas for time management
- an evaluation of our habits, both good and bad, and how we can build on the good and develop healthy habits for self-care of body, mind and soul
- the inclusion of daily rhythms into our routines as a way of changing us and coping with stress. These will include contemplation, silence, solitude, rest, restoration, renewing of your mind, journaling, contentment and simplicity.
- most of our time, however, will be spent in applying these different practices and experiencing exercises so that you can make them authentically your own. These will then be more accessible to you in stressful situations.
Package Cost: R950 (special post-third wave rate)
Date for the in-person course: Saturday 11 2021
Time: 9.00 – 16.30
Book your place with firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details after registration.
We will adhere to Covid-19 protocols. The venue is covered, but open to the outside. Weather permitting, there should be opportunities for walks and the joy of sitting in the splendour of creation.
We are committed to keeping our environmental footprint as small as possible – no one-use plastic to be found at our course.