- This event has passed.
Stress management for busy moms
March 22, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmR1500
Treat yourself to an outdoors’ day of rejuvenation, relaxation and practical stress management skill building in this picturesque setting close to Magaliesburg. Leave the kids with their dad or another family member, and spoil yourself with a luxurious break in the beauty of nature.
This package also includes one individual coaching session of 1 hour (to be booked at a time convenient to you – online or in person) to follow through with you personally so that there is real and practical progress in your ability to manage your stress.
When we experience stressful circumstances, we often struggle with strong emotions like anger, pain, anxiety and fear. It feels like they are taking over our lives, and we try to avoid dealing with them for as long as possible. However, suppressing them often results in an uncontrolled pressure-cooker effect: the pot boils over or even explodes, often when it is most inconvenient.
There is an alternative. By integrating those strong emotions into our lives, learning what lessons we can from them, and harnessing the motivation and energy they give us, we can implement real change in our circumstances or grow in our ability to deal with them. This journey will feel uncomfortable at times, but the reward of reaching the destination – a more unified, integrated, cohesive personality and way of living – is well worth it.
All that is needed for some stress-free me-time will be provided on this day away: your needs will be catered for with refreshing drinks, treats and a sumptuous (but healthy!) individually-packed picnic lunch. A workbook and a goody bag is included.
Our course content for the day covers:
- exploring your stressors and the effect they have on you
- how our emotions can run away with us
- how our beliefs can keep us from positive change
- our perceptions of how we use our time, recognising our beliefs about time and a look at some practical ideas for time management
- an evaluation of our habits, both good and bad, and how we can build on the good and develop healthy habits for self-care of body, mind and soul
- the inclusion of daily rhythms into our routines as a way of changing us and coping with stress. These will include contemplation, silence, solitude, rest, restoration, renewing of your mind, journaling, contentment and simplicity.
- most of our time, however, will be spent in applying these different practices and experiencing exercises so that you can make them authentically your own. These will then be more accessible to you in stressful situations.
Package Cost: R1500 (10% discount if you pay by 15 March)
Date for the in-person course: Monday 22 March
Time: 9.00 – 16.00
Book your place with email@example.com.
More details after registration.
We will adhere to Covid-19 protocols. The venue is covered, but open to the outside. Weather permitting, there should be opportunities for walks and the joy of sitting in the splendour of creation.
We are committed to keeping our environmental footprint as small as possible – no one-use plastic to be found at our course.
If you are interested but cannot participate in March, vote for a time that suits you here.