Re-imagining Education through Homeschooling
April 24 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmR150
The pandemic has offered us an opportunity to re-define education. What perspectives have we gained from the 2020 experience? How can we best invest our resources to make our children’s schooling more:
- culturally relevant, as we think about our own current South African circumstances – could home-schooling be the de-colonising alternative?
- creative, as we encourage them to adapt to change
- emotionally intelligent, as we foster greater resilience in them
- efficient, as we steward our own time and theirs
What possibilities can we explore with our children at home to re-imagine and dream about the best education we could provide? Khanyi Mthimunye will be your host and facilitate the interactive sessions. Vera Marbach will share from her 15 year experience of homeschooling three children. Her oldest son is studying actuarial science, the middle son has started his B Comm, her daughter is preparing for Cambridge IGCSE exams later this year.
Join us for a 4 part interactive series about homeschooling every 4 weeks on Saturdays, 14.00 – 15.30, starting on 27 March. We will spend the first 60 minutes on the topics described. The last 30 minutes will be allocated to any questions on homeschooling you bring into the space.
- Education re-imagined – 27 March
- Your ideal schooling environment
- Benefits of homeschooling & avoiding pitfalls
- Approaches to home-schooling – 24 April
- Choosing a curriculum – how can we decolonise?
- Personality & learning styles
- Setting up your home in line with your dream – 22 May
- The physical and emotional environment
- Looking after yourself
- Keeping the dream going – 19 June
- Managing it all
- Preventing burn-out
You will receive the greatest benefit if you attend all 4 sessions.
Cost per session: R150/$10/€10/£10
Book your place at one session at a time with email@example.com