Easter, weekends, public holidays…
- Sleep late.
- Listen to a prayer app.
- Dress in the way we feel is fitting to the occasion.
- Eat differently to the average week day – have hot cross buns and tea, make unleavened bread, eat boiled eggs that we have decorated (with food colouring), make some special Easter dishes.
- We will probably change the position of the furniture in one of our rooms.
- We will not work or school, in fact, I am not going to even sit at my desk.
- Join up to a church service on-line. (If you have never physically attended a church service, now is a great opportunity to visit one incognito.)
- Connect with the broader family on a whatsapp group call (this might even be during the meal-time we usually spend together at Easter).
- Have an Easter egg hunt, inside and outside the house.
- Eat supper by candle-light, use a special tablecloth.
- Make memories with our lockdown family: re-enacting old Easter traditions and maybe adding some new ones, reading a book together, looking at photos, playing games, trying some of the newly free on-line activities e.g. visiting an on-line museum together, having a look into the Kruger park game drives, downloading an audiobook from Audible. There are so many other fun ideas for free family activities (physical & virtual) if you do a quick Google search…
What will you be doing this weekend?
You are welcome to give your ideas in the comments section below!